If you are considering a liver cleanse, it may be helpful to have information about the pros and cons, as well as learning about the proper way to do it.
Many people do a liver cleanse to help eliminate some of the built up toxins that can cause a lot of health problems; even weight gain and fatty liver disease.
Pros of a Liver Cleanse
There may be several benefits to a liver cleanse, including these:
- Releases and eliminates liver gallstones. You may think that gallstones are only formed in your gallbladder, but in fact, they may also be formed in your liver and cause problems by blocking bile ducts.
- It is widely believed that cleansing the liver can help with chronic skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis, cold sores and other types of skin problems.
- Allergy and headache relief. Many homeopathic practitioners believe that an accumulation of toxins in your liver can cause allergies or make them much worse, as well as cause headaches.
- Help with weight loss. A build up of harmful toxins is believed by many to be responsible for excess fat stored in the body, particularly the abdomen.
Cons of a Liver Cleanse
There isn’t much on the down side of a liver detox, but here are some side effects you may experience that are generally temporary and quite short lived; thought to be a reaction to the flushing out of toxins:
If you opt for a liver cleanse, it is important you are careful to get enough rest, drink a lot of water and stick with a bland, low fat diet. You want your systems to be able to focus their work on helping your liver flush out the built up toxins.
One liver detox supplement that has received glowing testimonials from users is the Liver Active detox. With all natural, homeopathic ingredients, you don’t have to worry about introducing even more harmful toxins into your already overworked liver.
About Your Liver
Did you know that your liver is the largest solid organ in your body? The average weight of a human liver is approximately 3-1/2 pounds. It is located on your right side, below your rib cage.
Your liver has many jobs, these three are critically important:
- Metabolizes fats and carbohydrates, manufactures proteins
- Produces and delivers bile to aid in digestion and helps in absorbing fats and the fat soluble group if vitamins—A, D,K and E
- Helps to detoxify harmful environmental toxins, biochemical waste products, alcohol and various drugs.
While all of the functions performed by your liver are exceedingly important, perhaps its most vital task is to filter toxins.
The sad truth is that in this modern age, we are so bombarded with toxins from our environment in water, food, prescription drugs – even the air we breathe – that it is hard for the liver to do its job effectively.
This is why it may be beneficial to your overall health to do a liver cleanse, or liver detox. A detox is supposed to flush out the built up toxins that your liver wasn’t able to handle.
A liver cleanse might do wonders for you. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by giving it a try!