Do you believe in being proactive about your own good health and wellness, and are interested in knowing how to cleanse your liver?
Your liver is a vital organ with many important functions, not least of which is detoxifying and filtering harmful things that are introduced into your body on a daily basis.
With so many different toxins around, even in the food we eat and the water we drink, your poor liver is besieged and has to work extra hard in an effort to do its job properly so that you stay in radiant good health.
Help Your Liver With a Cleanse
You can help your liver with a cleanse, or detox, that will aid in eliminating the accumulated overload of toxins it simply couldn’t process on its own.
There are a variety of liver detox cleanses. If you decide to go this route, you might appreciate learning about each one so as to get an idea of which type might be best for you.
Liver Cleanse Methods
There are several tried and true, time tested methods of a detoxifying liver cleanse. Let’s take a look at the most used and recommended:
- Coffee Enema: This method used as a liver cleanse is reported to be very effective in detoxifying. Although it sounds as though it would be of more benefit to your colon, this enema actually works in the liver. It is exactly what it sounds like – an enema of coffee. The caffeine in the coffee stimulates an enzyme that facilitates liver detoxification.
- Herbs: You can take herbs that are strong antioxidants such as milk thistle, used for centuries as a liver cleanse. Sam-E is another favored supplement for liver health.
- Vitamins: The B vitamins are all well known liver cleansing agents, along with Vitamin C, selenium and Vitamin E. You simply take these in oral supplement form.
- Liver Flush: You usually start this procedure with 2-3 days of drinking apple juice, which has malic acid that dissolves and softens gallstones in the liver and gallbladder, making for a better liver flush. It uses epsom salts, Coca Cola, olive oil and other readily available ingredients.
- Flaxseed Cleanse: You begin with a glass of fresh juice in the morning, to which two tablespoons of ground flaxseeds has been added. Sprinkle flaxseed or flaxseed oil onto your snacks and meals for the day, ending with a glass of juice and two tablespoons of flaxseeds at bedtime.
- Castor Oil Cleanse: You make a poultice with castor oil and apply it to your upper right abdomen, then cover it with plastic wrap and leave in place for about an hour. Repeat several times throughout the week.
You may try any of these methods of a liver cleanse without fear of toxic drugs or harm to your health. Many people with Fatty Liver Disease have used these detoxification techniques, as well as people who simply want to give their hard working liver a helping hand.