If you have been diagnosed as having Fatty Liver Disease, you may be wondering if there are treatment options available that can help.
Fatty Liver Disease is very common. Millions of people world wide have it, so you are not alone. Since it is such a prevalent health condition, there has been a ton of research and study about the problem, along with various treatments.
Living with Fatty Liver Disease
In a lot of cases, this disease is basically benign, meaning that it never causes any serious harm to your health. However, it can progress or bring on other problems that can be very serious indeed….even life threatening.
For this reason, it isn’t a good idea to just go blithely on, ignoring your condition. To play it safe and stay healthy, you need to make some adjustments to your diet and lifestyle.
The best known Fatty Liver treatment is to observe the right diet and make certain lifestyle changes.
Fatty Liver Diet
There are certain dietary guidelines that will serve you well if you have been diagnosed with this health problem. Here are some suggestions about your diet that can help slow or even halt the progression of the disease that might take place otherwise:
- Eat frequent small meals as opposed to three large meals a day. For all practical purposes, you should eat three regular meals and two healthy snacks during the course of a day. If you are diabetic, you may also need a bedtime snack so that your glucose level doesn’t drop too low during the night.
- Stay well hydrated. Drink at least 8-10 cups of water or other nonalcoholic beverages during the day. Avoid caffeine, though.
- While you don’t have to adhere to it every day, some homeopathic experts believe that a vegetarian diet at least 2-3 days a week is helpful. If you are overweight, this practice will also help you lose weight, a benefit to your liver in and of itself.
- Avoid fatty, fried foods and dairy products high in fat. Your liver must work harder to produce enough bile to digest fats, which causes added strain on it.
Lifestyle Changes That Can Help
There are a few simple lifestyle changes that can help you with Fatty Liver treatment.
Here are some suggestions:
- Foods – Fatty liver can be caused from parasites, so be careful to thoroughly wash all fruits, fresh veggies and meats before cooking or eating.
- If you are overweight, go on a reducing diet and get some of the excess pounds off as obesity can cause liver problems.
- Exercise can help you live with fatty liver by burning fat and calories that cause excess weight.
- Eat a healthy diet that is high in fiber and vegetables and low in fatty meats.
A lot of people who have been diagnosed with Fatty Liver Disease have been able to halt or even reverse this condition by adhering to some guidelines set forth in the Fatty Liver Diet Guide, written by an RN with years of experience dealing with patients suffering from the disease.
Check out this Fatty Liver treatment guide – it might be a lifesaver for you!